I know I've been MIA for awhile, but I hope to correct that. We are all alive and doing well, so no worries there. It's just been an incredibly busy month and things are finally starting to slow down a bit...but only for a while since Brian's sister Carrie is getting married next month. Then it'll be busy for awhile again. Such is life.
I guess I'll give just a few updates. I started back to work at the end of August. I'm only working part time which I'm so excited about. I didn't really know any part-time engineers when I left ITT, so I was encouraged when they wanted me back even at part time. I work on Tuesdays and Thursday 10 hour days. The kids' grandparents come over to the house on those days to watch them. Harris and Dana adore Grandma & Grandpa so I think they look forward to my work days.
Harris started a Parents Day Out (PDO) program at a local church. It is a one day a week program from 9am-noon. He loves going to "school." On the first day I dropped him off and said my goodbye. He barely acknowledged that I was leaving because he headed straight for the toys. At the end of his day, I was the last parent to arrive to pick up their child. Harris was throwing a tantrum when all the other kids were leaving and he couldn't. The teachers asked if I could be there 5 minutes early next time. So last week I arrived early and was the first parent. I told him it was time to go home for lunch and he said, "No bye Mom." I picked him up and another tantrum with kicking and screaming started. I have to take Dana into the building with me each time I drop him off or pick him up, so it's a pain if he doesn't want to walk out on his own. He loves school and I'm glad he's so excited about it.
Dana is now crawling. I can't believe she is doing it already. Just at the beginning of the sixth month she started to be able to sit ok by herself. I thought that seemed pretty normal. Then she was pushing up into sitting and then getting up on all fours. Then about a week ago, she started crawling for the first time. It was very wobbily but now she's pretty coordinated. I'll have to get a video to share.
Brian is doing well. His birthday is Wednesday and we hope to go out as a family that night. We've discovered a restaurant called Buckets that has a kids night on Wednesdays. They have cartoons up on the big screen and Harris is mesmorized. It's really the only place where we can eat without him screaming. Our son is not quiet and when he's done eating, he's ready to go. Needless to say, we don't eat out in public much. It's mostly take-out around here. So hopefully Brian's birthday goes well.
I hope to have some pictures up soon. I'm just starting to process some of August and Septembers photos right now. There's definitely some good ones I'd like to get up. Check back soon!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you are all well. I miss your updates. Glad to hear work is going well too. I am proud of you for taking on so much. It is good to have the best of both worlds. Miss you!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!!!!!!!
FROM KIM AND JOHN AND TLC. HOPE IT IS A GOOD ONE!!!!!!
Post a Comment