Friday, December 19, 2008

An Icy Morning

We woke up to an icy surprise this morning. I knew it was coming, but it's still always shocking to go to bed with everything normal and then wake up and see all the ice outside.

The street is so covered with ice and the storm drains are clogged or blocked so nothing is draining well. Whenever a car drives down the road, it sounds so loud crunching all the ice.


I tried to open the screen door out back this morning to get a couple of pictures, but it wouldn't move. The screen collected all the rain and froze like a pane of ice.





It is very pretty.


I love how you can see the air bubbles trapped within the ice.







We are so fortunate to have power right now. I've read that about 60,000 in Northeast Indiana are without it. Now we just sit tight and enjoy the warm comforts at home.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am loving the pictures. The ice onces are beautiful. I love the drips.
The kids look so much alike right now. I cannot get over how much Dana has changed.