So for all those anxious for more photos - here you go:
Our cat Mia. She loves to sit on books. There are some tiny board books that we have and I'll see her trying to squeeze herself onto it.
Dana is growing very independent (already -ugh) and doesn't like for me to feed her. She smacks at my hand which becomes frustrating when I spill baby food all over. To get a few more bites into her, I'll just hold her left hand, which is the one that's proficient at hitting, and feed her. She'll open big for a few bites, but then she's done. Because of this, she's been quick to transition to table food. Just last night, Brian made some stuffing. I wasn't sure if she'd like it since it has such a savory herb taste, but she gobbled it up.


Brian's Knuckle Head move he learned from the Three Stooges.


Daddy is so cuddly.



We transitioned Dana from the infant carrier to the rear facing convertible car seat. In this photo, I was trying her in it for sizing the straps. It really is a pain to load her into the car now, but she was getting too big for the carrier especially with all her winter gear on. I really hope she is at 20lbs at her 1 year appointment next month so that we can turn her around at that time. I have a feeling she won't be :(

Along with a new car seat, I bought Dana's first pair of shoes. She's only worn them once but she was fascinated by them being on her feet. Since she is starting to walk, I thought it was time to get some. Harris had the same kind in blue for his first pair and I loved them. They have such a thin flexible shoe which I think is great for beginning walkers. 
Daddy is so cuddly.



We transitioned Dana from the infant carrier to the rear facing convertible car seat. In this photo, I was trying her in it for sizing the straps. It really is a pain to load her into the car now, but she was getting too big for the carrier especially with all her winter gear on. I really hope she is at 20lbs at her 1 year appointment next month so that we can turn her around at that time. I have a feeling she won't be :(
Along with a new car seat, I bought Dana's first pair of shoes. She's only worn them once but she was fascinated by them being on her feet. Since she is starting to walk, I thought it was time to get some. Harris had the same kind in blue for his first pair and I loved them. They have such a thin flexible shoe which I think is great for beginning walkers.
It cracks me up that my Dad always comments on the these shoes. He loves them I think because he's into race car driving and they remind him of the shoes they wear.

Just a cute picture of Harris which I love. With the cold weather, we have spent many days just lounging around the house in our pajamas all day.


Just a cute picture of Harris which I love. With the cold weather, we have spent many days just lounging around the house in our pajamas all day.


My parents came to the house on the Sunday before Christmas to visit and give the kids their gifts. Dana just chewed and ate as much paper as she could.


Harris really enjoyed opening presents this year. He really got into talking about Santa and how he came on Christmas Eve to give all the good boys and girls presents and candy. If you were to ask Harris about Santa, he said "Santa brought candy. Candy in stocking." He was so focused on the candy which cracks me up.


My niece Kayla came over her during her school break and spent a couple of days with us. Both kids adore her and Kayla was so good with them. I really enjoyed having her company around and she was a big help with the kids. She watched the kids one morning for me while I took a quick shower. It was so great. I forgot how nice it is to take a shower in the morning and not have to work it around when the kids are napping.


Harris really enjoyed opening presents this year. He really got into talking about Santa and how he came on Christmas Eve to give all the good boys and girls presents and candy. If you were to ask Harris about Santa, he said "Santa brought candy. Candy in stocking." He was so focused on the candy which cracks me up.

My niece Kayla came over her during her school break and spent a couple of days with us. Both kids adore her and Kayla was so good with them. I really enjoyed having her company around and she was a big help with the kids. She watched the kids one morning for me while I took a quick shower. It was so great. I forgot how nice it is to take a shower in the morning and not have to work it around when the kids are napping.
Harris was really interested in the rip in Kayla's pants - which she told me is very trendy to have nowadays. I think that was around when I was a kid.
Kayla helped me make cookies. At first, I was very serious about making them and I wanted to keep them very nice since I was hoping to give them out to people. However, I didn't want to not let her do the cookie making simply because they didn't look the way I wanted them. After I decided to just forget about how they looked and just go with the flow, it turned into a really fun time. She taught me a lesson that night about not trying to be Martha Stewart and just how to relax and enjoy it.

This one we named "The Joker" since it reminded us of the character from the Batman Dark Knight movie.
I even made a special Girls Gone Wild Gingerbread Girl just for Brian. It included colored sugar sprinkles to represent body glitter. Kayla thought this was so funny. We giggled about this all night.
Christmas Eve, Brian and I were wrapping presents (yes, we waited until the last moment) and we ran out of paper. I seriously under bought. I guess I didn't put that much thought into it. Anyways, I went to CVS to pick up some more and brought home these Santa hats. Brian was in a funk that morning, but when I came home with them he cheered right up. He got the "Griswold" family Christmas of his dreams after all.






No comments:
Post a Comment