Harris and I stay at home most of the days because he's definitely a handful to take out. He's at the age where he doesn't want to hold my hand when we walk and he'll just drop to the ground and lie like a limp noodle. It frustrates me. Carrying him is just too much. Therefore we just don't go out without Brian.
Starting at week 32 of the pregnancy, I started having non stress test (NST) at the doctor's office. It is to monitor the baby and make sure it is doing ok because of the bp issue. It's basically a fetal monitor that they strap to the belly and measure the baby's heart rate. I push a button when I feel the baby move and they want to see that the heart rate increases with movement/activity - a sign that the baby is getting enough oxygen, etc. On Thursday I had my fourth one and the baby did not cooperate. There wasn't much movement during the hour I was hooked up to the monitor and the baby did not respond even after they buzzed my belly twice. The buzzer just makes a weird noise that is supposed to wake the baby up. Because of the failed NST, I had an ultrasound (u/s) to make sure that everything was ok.
The u/s showed that everything was fine. There were four categories that the tech checked and the baby passed with flying colors. The tech was also able to get a great face shot of the baby for the first time which is shown below. I didn't put any labels on the picture but hopefully you can see the facial features. The arm is coming up under the chin. The mouth and chin really remind me of Harris and I just think it looks adorable. I'm starting to get excited at the idea of finally seeing this baby.

One thing that was noted during the u/s was that the baby is currently in a breech position. There are still a couple of weeks where it can turn, but after a certain point it begins to get a little too cramped for that to happen (although it still could). There is an exercise I'm trying which I hope will help. Please put out some positive vibes to this baby! Just keep thinking "Turn baby!"
1 comment:
wow, what a great picture. Definately has the same chin as Harris and the little 'm" shaped upper lip. I love that!
OK, positive vibes- turn,turn,turn,turn.....ohm..............ohm....chakras aligned.....
Post a Comment