Sunday, July 27, 2008

1st Movie - Love of Trains

Harris had his first movie trip a couple of weeks ago. There's a series of movies for kids that play at the Rave. The month of July they were showing Thomas & Friends: The Great Discovery. It's a movie that will be released to DVD in September. I thought if there was any movie that Harris would sit through, it would be a Thomas movie.

We had such a great time, but we did leave before the movie was over. The movie started after about 30 minutes of preview & cartoons. I had Brian walk him around the lobby before the movie and then I called him when it started. I didn't want to waste all of Harris' sitting time on fluff. He sat really well for about a half hour all the while munching on popcorn. It was so cute to watch him eating it and offering it to us by his little handfuls. "Dadda popcorn? Momma popcorn."

There were only 2 other families in the theater so when Harris was talking I felt like he could easily be heard by the others. I didn't worry about it too much since it was a kids movie. After he started walking up and down the aisle numerous times and stopped paying attention all together, I thought it was time to go.

I'm glad we gave it a shot even though he didn't make it through the whole thing. We went to Barnes and Noble afterwards and played with the train table in the children's section.





Harris received a train table from his grandparents for his birthday this year. It's now in the basement and he ask everyday to go down and play. Here's some pictures of him playing.



Even though most all you hear about is the character Thomas, I think Gordon is his favorite. He talks about Gordon most of the time, but never says Thomas by name. Gordon is called "go-done" and Thomas is called "choo-choo."








No comments: