I did get a nice birthday gift from Brian - I did have to put up half the money because it's way over the birthday budget. I had been thinking about getting a new zoom lens for my camera for awhile. Anyways, it's a simple cheap zoom but I hope the vibration reduction really helps with some of the images I like to take. I thought it would be a good lens for trips to the park or zoo where I don't have as much control as to how close I can get to objects.

I also bought a gift for myself. I had purchased this butterfly habitat thingy for my cousin's daughter on her 4th birthday this year. I thought it was really cool. They seemed to enjoy it a lot. I received updates from them about how the larvae/caterpillars/butterflies were doing whenever I saw them. So when I saw it in Toys R Us ad this week, I decided that I wanted one. I'm a total dork so I'll probably get all into it and take pictures even. Perhaps I'll put a couple on the web.

Tonight the kids are staying overnight at their grandparents. This is Dana's first sleepover with them and I hope it goes well. She does really well at night so I'm not that worried about it. Brian and I will be dining and drinking at Club Soda. I've never been there but I'm excited about the food and the martini bar. I think secretly Brian just wants to order an appletini so he can say "Heavy on the apple, light on the tini" like his favorite character JD on Scrubs. I bet the bartender hears that one a lot.
I plan on buying a few lottery tickets as well. With numbers like 33 on 08/08/08, how could I not feel lucky? Perhaps I'll get 3 scratch offs and 3 lotto picks. Then what numbers do I pick? Wish me luck!
3 comments:
happy birthday my dear friend!!!
Luv ya!
Kim
Tori has seen the butterfly holder on TV and wants one too. We'll have to take a look at it sometime we're over next.
I must be a dork too then, cause the butterfly thing sounds cool to me!! I hope you had fun last night!! Mandy
Post a Comment