Monday, April 13, 2009

Indianapolis Children's Museum

At the beginning of March, we took a trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. Dana stayed with her Grandma & Grandpa while Brian took a day off work to make the trip. Well the first hour in Indy was a disaster. Harris threw the biggest tantrum I've ever seen. We had talked about the dinosaurs that he would see there, but that was the area where he behaved the worst.

It was very humbling to be so embarrassed in public by our 2 year old. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I was ready to cut our loses and just come back home. Brian suggested that we eat lunch and reevaluate the plan afterwards. Harris seemed ok at lunch so we stayed and found the toddler area. He was fine after that. That is until we got back home that evening. It is exhausting being a parent sometimes.

I did take some pictures, but it was only at the portions of the museum where he was behaving.



There was a neat exhibit on Comic Books.




They had a room setup with lots of comics on racks and comfy chairs for the kids to sit and read.




Even a Bat signal was flashed around the floor. Harris enjoyed chasing it all around.


What would a trip to Indianapolis be without seeing a race car?


Brian had a Celebrity back in the day, so I had to get a picture of his old car for him.

The toddler area was nice. It gave us a chance to just relax while he played.


Of course he loved to play with the trains.




They even had a sand table which was fun.

No comments: