Monday, December 03, 2007

Becoming Inspired

About a week ago I came across a blog of a woman who is just starting out in photography. I absolutely loved her photos. They were so sharp and the composition was so interesting. Most of the photos are of children. I kept thinking to myself, "I want to make photos like that." Seeing her photos has really inspired me to pick up my camera again and start trying some different things.

Since her pictures were so sharp, I was wondering if she uses a standard focal length versus a zoom lens. The lighting in her photos was very natural and I didn't see any use of a flash. So I pulled out some of my old fixed length lenses and put away the zoom. I took the flash off and tried to become the human tripod by bracing myself against any wall or table that would work.

This blog entry and the previous two are all photos I've been experimenting with since seeing her blog. Feel free to leave any comments. Hopefully some more interesting photos will be coming along as I practice, practice, practice.

Harris watching TV in the morning. Nothing can distract him from his cartoons.







No comments: