Friday, February 22, 2008

The First Few Days with Dana

I know Brian updated everyone this week on our new welcomed addition to the family. I just wanted to put up some more pictures and mention how things are going. We are very excited about having a girl. It was the best surprise, and I'm so glad we waited to find out (thank you Brian for convincing me to do that). Both Brian and I were convinced that the baby was a boy. Only a few people (my mom & two friends) thought that the baby might be a girl.

The delivery went fine. It was a very different experience than the one we had with Harris, but we have a beautiful healthy baby to show for it. Taking care of Dana seems easy and relaxed for me since I have been through this once before. She is very content to eat, poop, and sleep her days away. I've taken full advantage of the nursery, pain medication, and additional help that the hospital offers. I'm so lucky to have such a supportive husband, and so many family and friends that want to visit, help, watch Harris, etc for us. I can't express enough how much I appreciate everything.

I've attached some pictures. This first one seemed appropriate since she wanted to arrive in this world feet first. Her little piggies are so cute. She is very wrinkled and almost seems to have cracked lines in her skin. Definitely needs some moisturizer.


The first night, Harris came with Grandma and Grandpa to visit. He was very interested in all the gadgets and getting into things. His visit was short, but I enjoyed seeing him. The last few days I find myself really missing him. Last night Brian and Harris spent some time with me while Dana went to the nursery. We had a nice walk (wheelchair ride for me and Harris) all around the hospital. We even found a small playset with beads in a lobby which kept him entertained for awhile. I really enjoyed spending time with him.




Thanks Kim for the cute shirt! It fits great.


One of my nurses made copies of Dana's footprints for us. I have a nice certificate to put into the baby book for her, and Brian has a cute hat.




She did not like having her feet messed with at all.

She has lots of dark hair. It is the softest thing I have ever felt in my life. I just sit and stroke it with my fingers or even lips and take in her scent. Seems kind of primal, but it's so relaxing.










It looks like we will be going home on Saturday. I felt up for it today, but my OB thought I should stay one more night and rest up. I'm sure she knows best. I hope to have some more pictures up soon as the opportunity to take many more at home arrises.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Beautiful- just speechless.