Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Harris is Growing Up

Yesterday was a major day for Harris. For his nap and last night he slept in his toddler bed! I could hardly believe it. It was not a planned event. He just decided it was time. When we went upstairs and into his room at nap time, he crawled into his toddler bed and said “night-night.” I asked if he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed. I grabbed his frog pillow and put his blanket on him. I thought I'd give it a shot. I turned on the monitor and he jabbered for about a minute and then fell asleep. I don't think he even got up when I left the room. Then last night, Brian put him to bed in his toddler bed again, and when I checked on him later that even, he was sound asleep in his bed still.

I’ve had the toddler bed in his room for months now. In December, I tried to put him down one afternoon for a nap in the bed. After 15 minutes of watching him run around on the video monitor, I realized I was not ready to work on this yet. Being 7 months pregnant and Harris only being 18 months old, I was just not up for the challenge. We borrowed a bassinet from some good friends of ours to use for Dana and I let Harris keep the crib. The toddler bed remained in the room and the cats used it for sleeping.

I guess kids just do things in their own time. I can’t believe it was that easy, but I guess it’s only been one day. It was cute though this morning, when I walked by his bedroom door, I heard him keep saying “hi” over and over as the door handle was jiggling. He must have heard me walk by and was trying to get out. Luckily he can’t open his door yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome?!

Kim said...

I am tearing up at his big boy strides....you know I will keep the duo under the tent until they are 5, right? LOL. I am so afraid of the toddler bed days........